Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2005 Golf little problems popping up, help!?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2008, 08:33 PM
Default 2005 Golf little problems popping up, help!?

Ok, I purchased a 2005 VW Golf GL 2.0L about 2 weeks ago from a dealership, pretty standard options. Anyways, it has about 39,900 miles, auto trans. Its an amazing vehicle but ever since it was purchased I was noticing little things going wrong or just not functioning properly.

1) sometimes when turning on my speedometer/dashboard control lights manually, all the lights turn on except the lower section (climate control, shifter lights, lights on door side panels) until i kinda smack the side of the dash around that center area. Its getting a bit annoying. Ya think a loose connection in the wiring in the dash or a splitter that separates the power?

2) the rear window washer fluid sprayer (or whatever its called exactly) works fine BUT the direction it sprays is WAYYY off and as it moves with the wipers it varies from a straight stream of fluid to getting blocked from the plastic housing, then it just kinda sprays everywhere but the window. Any idea on how to adjust/fix the rear sprayer??

3) door open indicator seems to be malfunctioning, all the doors are closed, opened, then re-closed, because the light in my dash comes on, then goes off after a little bit, then after driving for a minute or 2, the light pops back on saying a door is open. Just a bad sensor somewhere?

4) (THIS IS THE ONE THAT KINDA SCARES ME A LITTLE) if I drive through a small puddle most of the time the battery light comes up on my dash, then the steering is really hard to turn (which is scary just in case the car goes out of control, i cant regain it!) the lights kinda dim as i press the pedal but the car keeps running and everything else still works but the steering, the serpentine belt squeals a little as i press the gas, while driving then after about 15 seconds of this the light goes off and the steering and driving is fine. SOOO weird and scary. any info?? possible alternator and the water is messing with it?

i'm pretty sure its still under warranty but just in case the dealership doesnt cover any of these issues, i would like to have an idea of whats causing the problems and how to fix them.
any info would be great!

5!!!!!) AN ADDITIONAL PROBLEM - it started today. Everything was working fine today (for a little bit), for some reason the door issue was still going on where all the doors are closed securely but the icon still pops up on my dash. Being rainy for most of the day, the serpentine belt squealed randomly throughout the whole day, which is annoying, BUT! the most recent problem is the "horn beep" you hear when you lock the doors with the remote key has suddenly STOPPED. it worked most of the day and then one time i locked the doors and no horn sound! The doors still locked and unlocked but no beep!

it seriously seems like one little issue after another!!

im starting to get a little frustrated!

help?!

thanks!

Wes