Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1995 VW Golf CL Questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2010, 06:48 PM
Exclamation 1995 VW Golf CL Questions

Just got a few questions about the car. I just bought the car recently, and this is my first car. Like I said I just have a few questions about it, for now.

1. I was driving the car recently down my ally, parked it, then after awhile I went to start it again and the car was tremendously louder. I took a look under the car and the exhaust pipe coming from the engine to the catylatic converter had disconnected. My dad said that it could have been from our ally hitting the converter and knocking it loose / off seeing as the middle of the ally at some parts is significantly higher than where the tires go. I cant exactly get right under the car and take a good look at it, all I am doing is I have it on ramps to keep the front end up. My dad said it could have been a clamp that came off, or a weld or something (he doesn't exactly know). Does anyone know what exactly happened, and how I can fix it?

2. Will the car pass safety inspection with the 3rd Brake Light broken? Both of the other brake lights work perfectly (left and right).

SOLVED! - 3. The sunroof on the drivers side of the car is messed up. The passenger side works perfectly, the roof goes up to vent that is. The drivers side does go up, but will not return down. I just recently got the sunroof to go down but i had to take a flathead screwdriver to the slider on the drivers side. I dont know if it is just off of the track, or if there is something worse wrong.
*****SOLUTION - A piece going to the slider for the sunroof had broken. Had to buy a new cable and slider for the drivers side of the sunroof.

Any help with any of my questions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Old 09-29-2010, 11:28 PM

Are you talking about the lower intake manifold (header)?? That part is just attached with bolts... Try getting underneath again and look very close. Let me know..
About the brake light, it shouldn't affect the inspection. As, long as the check engine is not on..
Hope this helps!!

Old 09-30-2010, 02:00 PM

I just uploaded a picture of what the problem is for number 1. and for 3. the check engine lights are not on. So thanks about that one.

Attached Thumbnails 1995 VW Golf CL Questions-vw-problem.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 03:45 PM

It tooks like they cut a piece and added something else. Plus, it looks like they tried to weld it. But, they didn't do a good job... If you could try to get a big exhaust clamp, from any of your local part stores, it might work... Check out this website... http://www.germanautoparts.com/Volks.../Exhaust/51/11 You can see there how the cat. converter looks like..

Old 09-30-2010, 06:21 PM

Ok im going to get one of those clamps for it and see how that works out.