New Bug Owner - Questions Questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2008, 09:49 AM
Default New Bug Owner - Questions Questions!

Hi,

A few questions - I have an 08 manual 1500k miles

1. Is it normal that it randomly vibrates?
When I test drove it the sales guy said it was normal but couldn't explain what it was and it only did it when I stopped the car after test driving it and assumed it was because it was new.

Now it does it when I idle, start the car, turn it off, driving etc.. It does it for longer periods and back to back sometimes. Each "session" lasts about 20 seconds. Last night when I stopped to get gas it sounded like someone poured boiling water over hot oil and so I turned the engine off and then it vibrated and was fine.

2. I get horrible gas mileage on the highway - does everyone else?
I drove down to my parents yesterday I am in Northern Orlando they are in Lake Worth, FL- it's approximately 192 miles. I filled up by my house and was out of gas by the time I got there. Then on the way home I put in $25 which was about 3/4 tank and the gas light came on as I got off the interstate.

3. Gear shaft - the shift is really loud - I can always hear 2nd and 3rd as if they aren't lubed well.
Anyone else with that problem?

I made an appointment on Thursday for it to be serviced but I think these are all pretty weird and curious if anyone else is having similar problems.