Cabrio 99 Power Windows Fuse

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:19 PM
Unhappy Cabrio 99 Power Windows Fuse

I just recently bought my first car, a 1999 Cabrio GLS. Unfortunately, since I bought it the power windows were finicky- they seemed to work whenever they felt like it. I thought they worked best on warmer days, but recently they stopped working altogether. All four windows don't work, which leads me to believe that this isn't some mechanism within the door that's the issue, but rather a fuse? (I'm not that great with cars). I did look up where the power window fuse is but I swear I don't see it above those relays above the main fuse panel! I see two green fuses, the big black relay boxes, and that's it. Anyone have some insight as to where I need to look next? I already looked at that main fuse panel- none are for the power windows and they're all marked with their functions. I even checked under the hood and got really excited seeing a yellow fuse in a clear, openable box near the radiator fluid container, but my friend said the fuse was still OK on that one. I'm really upset about this because I love this car and want to start putting the hood down with this warmer weather but I need to fix this window problem first.
Sorry about the long post, just trying to give you guys all the information that I can.

Old 09-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Default cabrio windows fuses

my 1996 does this. The windows have failed to go up or down from time to time since the car was one month old. I even had the issue documented in writing while the car was in warrantee. Sadly the problem has never been fixed. Right now half the windows are up and half are down and none of them are moving.
Perpetual electrical problem that has driven me crazy for a long long time.