Power windows won't go up

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2007, 03:47 PM
Default Power windows won't go up

I have a 1990 Volkswagen Cabriolet with power windows. The power windows seemed to have a short in them for a time. They then stopped working. I change the fuse under the dash I think it was a 30 amp. They started working again, then one day they stopped working yet again. I changed the fuse but it did not work this time. Neither one of the window switches will work, so I do not think it is the switches. There is a black electronic unit about 4 inches by 5 inches under the passenger dash which makes a clicking noise when I push on either switch. I attempted to remove this unit, it has 3 clips of wires connected to it. The two smaller ones unsnapped and slid right out the last bundle which is the largest will not come out. It actually looks like each wire has to come out separately but even though I unclipped the sides which hold in each wire they will not come out. I am not even sure what this unit is but it is completely sealed and I can't even get it out to take it to a parts shop. Does anyone have any idea what I can do or what this unit is? I would greatly appreciate any input that you may have.

Old 04-24-2007, 09:43 AM
Default RE: Power windows won't go up

i think ur mortor has gone man but take off the door card and take some pic then post them then u will get more help