VAG OBDII scanner exprience

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2016, 12:09 AM
Default VAG OBDII scanner exprience

This review on Foxwell NT500 scan tool will unravel slowly because it's cold as sh*t out here

First, i am very sorry for i took these photos at night, so that it’s not with high definition as you wish.

As you can see above, the scanner comes with the following items:
- NT500 VAG scan tool
- User’s guide
- Memory card
- USB cable
- Diagnostic cable
- Nylon carry pouch

I purchased this item for a couple of reasons:
1) I an old SKODA and it has quite some miles on the ODO (nearly 14K now). I wanted to be able to diagnose any potential issues on the fly and do as many DIY fixes myself as possible.
2) The price point for NT500 was just right. US$169 is ok price for me
3) My wife prepare to buy AUDI Q7 2015. This item might help Q7 also in the future.

To begin with, I go through the basic functions. Below is the start-up screen as soon as the device is plugged into the OBDII port (The unit will power-up as soon as it's plugged in). It gives you four options;*
1) OBDII*
2) VAG
3) Settings*
4) Playback
The device is easy to use (plug and play) and set-up is pretty self explanatory. i cycle through the scanner using the arrow buttons and enter/back buttons.

Then try NT500 on my car for service light reset
ps. pics of the procedure

In the Application interface, press on the Enter button to load data
Go to SKODA diagnosis

Choose system

--> control unit

--> common

--> 17- instrument

Then the device will be communicating with the car
--> 8 adaption

--> go to input the channel number: 02, and then save and continue

--> go to set new value: 000 and save

--> confirm to set new value 0

Skoda service light reset successfully.

If you're a home mechanic, it’s is seriously worth of your purchase, like me, you need access to your VAG car's ECU but don't want to spend the 250 needed for VCDS or have the need to code in new equipment. It's straight forward and easy to operate, accessing all modules of VAG cars and clearing all faults while resetting all service indicators too.

The instructions are clear to follow with pictures for every step. Updating the software is easy too, especially if using a laptop with an SD card reader as you plug the tool's card into your computer, run the software, update, unplug and go.

Attached Thumbnails VAG OBDII scanner exprience-foxwell-nt500-back.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-foxwell-nt500-package.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-foxwell-nt500-port-1.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-foxwell-nt500-port-2.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-1-.jpg  

VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-2-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-3-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-4-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-5-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-6-.jpg  

VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-7-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-8-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-9-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-10-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-11-.jpg  

VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-12-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-13-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-14-.jpg   VAG OBDII scanner exprience-nt500-reset-service-liaght-15-.jpg  
Old 03-03-2016, 03:57 AM

How much is it? sir

Old 03-03-2016, 06:32 AM
Super Moderator

They aren't cheap for a generic scanner.

Old 03-03-2016, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by Alen
How much is it? sir
this nt500 cost 169$

Old 03-03-2016, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by Keithuk
They aren't cheap for a generic scanner.
yes, definitely not.

but 100% original is the most important i think...too many China clones in the market you know

it's okay for their kindness.. any problems can be solved there.

Old 10-01-2019, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by bawazeer
this nt500 cost 169$
The instructions are clear to follow with pictures for every step. Upaudacity temp mail origin dating the software is easy too, especially if using a laptop with an SD card reader as you plug the tool's card into your computer, run the software, update, unplug and go.

Last edited by paityda; 10-01-2019 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-23-2022, 09:21 AM

I don't see discrimination here if you don't like a person. But if you are stopped by this fact only, then this is discrimination. When I first came to the gender clinic for an appointment with a doctor, she asked me if I was in a relationship https://datehookup.dating/singles-ca-hemet.htm with someone. For some reason, people think that dating and having sex with cis people is a success indicator for trans people. This is not the first time I have heard such a question, and, unfortunately, this stereotype is very common.