Totally stumped AC leak 2012 CC

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2018, 09:25 PM
Default Totally stumped AC leak 2012 CC

Hello everyone- I'm praying someone can help- I'm dealing with an incredibly difficult AC leak. Long story short- the car is losing all refrigerant in about 3-4 weeks- mechanic has had a team of guys on it three separate times after fully recharging system with dye for probably 2-4 hours per time- no one can find a spot of dye anywhere. These guys are all good- they've never seen anything like this. Two other mechanic friends of mine (not as good but my main guy never wants to see me again and what can I do??) Ditto no one can find a leak- 4lbs of refrigerant full of dye nothing- I assumed evaporator core but the drain tube is clear- not a spot in it and I watch every day with my blacklight after driving- water is pouring out from the humidity and no dye.
Tonight I have a breakthrough- I notice under my frame rails, directly under the driver and passenger seat floor area- I'd say about roughly under the firewall I see dye in the little holes. Basically it looks like dye is inside the frame rails- you don't see it because it's directly under the car and drops straight down to the ground. Anyone know what this is? Can anyone figure how this works? Do the frame rails connect to something possibly by the firewall? Am I hallucinating?

Old 09-01-2018, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

That isn't easy to solve on the web as we don't know what's been done exactly.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check the system out.