AC and turn signal being weird

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2019, 10:01 AM
Default AC and turn signal being weird

I’ve been having some issues, on and off, with my AC and left turn signal. It started with the AC. Most of the time it works just fine, but sometimes has trouble getting started. It will just blow air but not make it any cooler, until I turn it on/off repeatedly or just mess around with the dials enough that something apparently clicks into place and it starts blowing cold air.

More recently, the dash light indicating that there is a dead light bulb came on, and it appears to be my left blinker, which I recently had replaced. But, as with the AC, it actually works most of the time and only occasionally doesn’t work.

Any guesses what’s going on here? I really don’t want to pay the $140 fee for diagnosing the AC, since it seems just as likely this is some electrical issue.

Old 08-23-2019, 06:34 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature