Potential Passat Buyer needs help

Old 09-04-2012, 10:12 PM
Default Potential Passat Buyer needs help

my buddy is selling his 2000 passat with the 1.8t motor and 148k miles on it for 2300. kinda nervous at getting into it with that many miles but need some ideas at what to look for (im used to mazdas). He says it has a cold air intake, flowmaster exhaust, new clutch, new door (salvage title bc a deer hit the door so it was replaced), two sets of rims and tires, black leather interior, new clutch as of a few weeks ago as well as coil packs. what are normal problems with these cars, and is this a fair deal? if i sell the perfectly running mazda i have now and buy this i can pay off my loan and be debt free as far as the car goes. im a nursing student starting clinicals soon so i need something reliable bc over the top repairs is out of the question. im handy with a wrench but in no way am i going to rip the whole motor apart in a weekend for a head gasket. any opinions is great! im located in ohio as well.

Old 05-19-2013, 10:41 PM

humm a whole year has gone by and no one has even replied to this?

is this forum all but dead?

should i even hope for a reply to my thread?