First time buyer

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2012, 08:22 AM
Default First time buyer

Hi all -
I am a student just setting up house and looking to buy a first car. I have my heart set on a classic bug (somewhere around 1970), and after a little research it looks like it is a viable option. I will be mostly using it for in city and regional driving, and have been looking for something in decent condition. I don't want a show car - I like chipped paint anyway It just has to be decent and reliable as a daily driver. The problem is, I am totally new to this and learning as I go. I know nothing about cars, and certainly nothing about choosing a classic bug. I am in the Finger Lakes region of New York and currently have my eye on a couple different cars off Craigslist that might be an option, but am not comfortable making any decisions on my own - I don't even really know the right questions to ask a seller. Is there anyone in my area that might be able to offer some expert advice, or someone not in my area that has ideas about who I can talk to or how I should proceed? Thank you!

Old 02-27-2013, 05:23 AM

According to me, volkwagen is one good choice as car brand for first time car buyers. It comes with some great designed and featured car models collection. If you are first time car buyer, then volkwagen polo will be a brilliant choice for you.