hissing sound from srevo area after car is turned off

Old 12-25-2012, 12:30 PM
Default hissing sound from srevo area after car is turned off

hi all!! i have a 99 vw passat tdi, it has devloped a strange problem when you turn the car off their is a strange hissing sound coming from the break servo area, the car was in the garage last week and they checked the mater cylinder and said thier was no faults they also changed the break fluid, another i have noticed that the one of the air con pipes is warm and the other ice cold with condensation massively visibly. do you think that the two problems are connected any help will be greatly appreciated

Old 12-26-2012, 06:42 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 10
Size:  951 Bytes

If its hissing from around the brake servo when you switch it off then you have a vacuum leak somewhere. I could be the hose or connections or the diaphragm in the servo. I don't know which garage you took it to but they shouldn't have found it not charged you for bleeding the brakes as thats nothing to do with the hissing. I would avoid this garage if I were you.

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/