CC Owners and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2011, 12:14 PM

Originally Posted by comrad79
Own a 2010. Really enjoy the car for a few reasons...

1) I've owned a bunch of different cars, Lexus, BMW, Jag, Mercedes, and several VWs....the CC is a "rare" car on the road, I'm not a fan of driving in the city and seeing someone driving "my car" next to me anywhere, so usually I'm the only one with it.

2) Unlike many people I LOVE the fact that it is only a four seater, a 5-seater sports car is not a sports car...well, neither is a four seater...whatever

3) Unique, driven in and owned CLKs and CLSs, I personally like the lines of the CC more, even if it is a bit of a rip off.

4) I get more questions and comments at gas stations with this car than all my others combined...most people ask what it is, then hesitantly ask what it costs

5) DSG is a legit transmission. You are going to get a little "lag" off the line, but if you're not heavy footed off every line, it won't bother you much...what I'm most impressed with is the gear shifting from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 etc...super smooth, ridiculously efficient.

6) Interior is clean, classy and simple. I've owned a few cars that went overboard with the buttons, most recently Honda Accord (love the car, no complaints with the engines), but the interior is like some poor attempt at a jet cockpit, not need for that many buttons. My CC, as well as my wife's Jetta...and basically every VW ever really works to make the interior clean and easy to use. Love the look sitting in the driver's seat

7) Two-Tone interior. You can get the black and you'll probably love it, but the two-tone leatherette is rad, if rad is still cool. I'm a tree hugger, so the fact that they are leatherette is a plus with me, and from what I've seen from my friends 3 year old leather interior Lexus and 4 year old leather Infiniti makes me love my leatherette more...my wife's 5 year old Jetta Wolfsburg interior looks brand new, as does my 2 year old CC...did I mention it was rad?

8) Fuel. Yea, it takes premium, but at 31 mpg, I can't complain. A few road trips, locked in cruise control, got 31-33 average, crazy since its rated lower.

9) Look. Its pretty.

10) Frameless windows, take some getting used to, e.g., where you grab the door, and where you touch/push to close, but really neat when the doors are open.

11) Curves. Unlike American cars, actually doesn't look like a sofa-couch driving down the road.

12) 2.0T Engine...German, small, quick, efficient, powerful (enough), easy to maintain.

13) Touch Screen. Some have nav, some don't, any past 2010 have touch screen, COLORS MATCH THE INTERIOR...just smart, so when your screen is on, it matches the reds/silvers in your car..small but neat.

14) Drive. This is going to sound weird, but when I buy a car a lot of things go through my head beyond the purchase price...e.g. cost of ownership, maintenance, insurance, resale, etc...but there is an intangible that I think goes overlooked and is sometimes frowned upon, emotion. Driving, for me, is emotional. When I walk up to this car, or get our of it at the supermarket, I'm happy. Judge if you will, but this car, for some weird reason, makes me really happy. I think/hope everyone finds a car that does this to them (BMW, LEXUS, MITSU Evo, whatever).... but everyone should have at least one car that made them smile for more than a week after they bought it
......2 years, still smiling.

CONS:
1) Some folks don't like VW..they own BMW 3 series (or 1 series), or Infiniti Gs and believe they own superior cars
2) If you take your German car to the dealer, it will be expensive and will always be expensive
3) Your family will ask (if they don't own VWs), why you got a VW...hand them the keys and let them go around town (without you).
Your post sums up pretty much all the reasons I love volkswagen! How long have you had this one? And what other VWs have you driven?

Old 12-28-2011, 10:43 AM

Hi,

I've owned the 2010, since, well, 2010. nearly every mile on it is mine. Great car, still a lot of fun... still look froward to washing and waxing it (you know what thats like when you enjoy your car...or get a new one)

We personally own, right now, an '07 Jetta (the wife's) and my '10 CC. Interiors on both still look new as a result of the durability of the leatherette. We use something called 'Lexol' (or something like that) to clean the stuff, leaves it with a 'matte' finish versus the shiny waxed-look of armor-all. Also, just a simple spray bottle with pure rubbing alcohol serves as the best multi-purpose cleaner for glass and surfaces.

I've driven a lot of VWs. we're very friendly with our local VW dealer (wife and I are both doctors, so we scratch their back, they scratch ours). But you'd be surprised what getting to know one or two sales people will do for you...or the fleet manager for that matter.

NOTE: The next part is not a step-by-step, do what you want, or nothing for that mater, but it's what my wife and I did...

AFTER you've bought a car from a dealer, a week or two later drop back in and reintroduce yourself, ask to speak to the manager and THANK THEM for the service and deal you got (assuming you got both, which you should if you know what you're doing).

Then, ask for a bunch of business cards as a result of people asking where you got your vehicle, they will see you as a walking billboard for both the brand and the dealer.

Next, hint that you REALLY enjoy driving newer cars, even though you just bought one.

Next, (this part will change depending on what you do, but exchange business cards, if you have them)..NOTE: business cards are like old-school Facebook contacts for people who only live behind their computer.

After, ask to take one or more cars out for a drive. Be willing to let the sales person go if they have a lot of customers, I like to go in the morning, when sales are usually slow...or during the day if I have time off.

Lastly, reward the people who let you drive cars...you'd be surprised how far a box of donuts or a few $5 or $10 pizzas will go.

That said, I usually drop off a box of donuts $7.99 once every other month or so, in exchange I have driven EVERY car that VW has made in the last 3 years, manual and auto.

Gives you a real perspective on each car, the quirks, when the DSG seems a little "watered down" (like in the 2012 GLI, makes me sad), and when things just feel right, like in the CC (post 2010 w/DSG), newer Passat (still getting used to the look), and the manual Bettle.

Hope that helps,

-me

Old 01-11-2012, 03:38 AM

Bought a VR6 4motion in Nov 2011 - the one thing I notice and not sure about, is when driving through a slump on the road, the front end of the car goes up when coming out of it, then it steadies right away, but not sure if I like the way it pops up. Other than that, it has been an awesome new car thus far. Maybe a bit of a bigger engine than what I need, but enjoying it quite thoroughly.
I know the dealership filled it up with regular gas (bought it with a few hundred miles on) but have switched to premium - I will fill it up once with regular to see if I can tell the difference. BMWs give you an error code when using regular but I guess VWs dont. I' still trying to figure out if it has a cd changer (duh), how the rain sensor works (I have all in the right settings, but it doesnt stop the wipers when not raining or vice versa) and about the bumper sensors - it is supposed to have them but I havent heard anything when getting close too stuff. Huge trunk! Great steering wheel feel. Wish the NAV map was bigger and showed surrounding street names, and if it doesnt, I think it'd be a bit mickey mouse.
Just like someone else says above, I'm still smiling and it does turn heads, or generate conversation in parking lots. Sexy car, for sure!!

Old 09-10-2012, 10:10 AM
SAB

I just crossed the 100k mark and can honestly say that I have not had one issue with my '09 VR6 4Motion, with exception of an early on warranty replacement of the catalytic converter. No electrical problems, no squeaking, no rattles, nothing. I've never been able to say that about any other car I've owned, which includes both BMW and Mercedes. Thee CC is made in Germany, not N. America, as is much of VW's line-up these days, so I'm certain that this has something to do with my most satisfying experience. I think the CC is one of the industry's best kept secrets.