CC Owners and Reviews

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2009, 01:11 PM
Default CC Owners and Reviews

I don't see a specific Model area for the VW CC. Has anyone on here purchased one or test driven a CC? I would love to hear your feeback.

Old 03-01-2009, 08:56 AM
Default My first post

I just picked mine up yesterday so i dont have a full review or anything yet, but from how its driven so far it has exceeded my expectations. Smooth shifting, fast as a mother, and handles liek a champ. Not to mention theres actually a decent amount of room for backseat passengers, my friend whos 6'2" sat comfortably. In a week or so ill give a more in deth review

Old 03-02-2009, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by nano5467
I just picked mine up yesterday so i dont have a full review or anything yet, but from how its driven so far it has exceeded my expectations. Smooth shifting, fast as a mother, and handles liek a champ. Not to mention theres actually a decent amount of room for backseat passengers, my friend whos 6'2" sat comfortably. In a week or so ill give a more in deth review
The only repeat things i have heard so far with the car are debates about the utility of the backseat console (which i happen to like) and the lack of ummm.... what is the technical term? Well, the lack of "Oh $hit handles" in the back... I am usually driving, so i don't notice those small leather straps above the door missing, but they do make it easier to get in and out of some cars, and they prevent sliding around in poorly designed backseats. The only reason i would miss them is that they do allow for easy hanging for dry cleaning.

Keep me posted on the car though. Did you get the sport or step up into the V6?

Old 03-10-2009, 10:12 AM
SAB

When I was in university, I had an old '58 beetle that provided reliable, if not comfortable service for 4 years. I swear there were winter days where it was colder inside that car than outside, but after too many beers the night before, it was a wake up feature. Since then, I've owned a number of German autos, but I never ventured back to VW. A week ago, however, I purchased a new CC, VR6 4Matic, with every option available. I've only had it a few days, but I am enjoying the car immensely. I went with the all black interior instead of the two tone as I figured that I'd be spending too much time trying to keep that cream leather clean. It would show every speck of dirt and with the messy winters here, it would be a nightmare. In fact, there was a two tone version on the lot where I bought mine and it had just arrived. It still had the plastic wrapping on the inside, yet there were already scuff marks on the lower door panel. Not for me.

As for my initial driving impressions, its smooth, fast and has supprisingly good handling for a car that size. Its no Porsche (I own an old one) and as long as your expectations for a four door car isn't Porschevalian, you won't be disappointed. While shopping, I initially tested and settled on buying a BMW 335i xdrive, but when I saw the CC, its fit and finish was equal to or better than the 3 Series and that's saying something. The CC gives up 20 HP compared to the Bimmer, however, I wasn't buying the car for the drag strip and the VW was $thousands less expensive. My only concern at this point is the service level at the VW dealership. I've heard some horrible stories of poor service, however, I think if you went looking for such comments, you could find them about any carmaker. I have a few of my own about BMW and Mercedes. In any event, I am pleased with the VW purchase and many of my friends are amazed that I would buy one. Frankly, at my age, I could care less about the badge name. I just enjoy well built and fun to drive cars. The CC satisfies both of those desires and once I figure out how to use all the electronic features of the Nav, I'll love it even more.

Old 04-06-2009, 12:51 PM

Hey just got my plates for my new Passat CC Sport. Overall it is a good car. The ride is smooth (a little to smooth for me), and interior dual tone seats are very comfy. I do have a few issues with the car though.

First off, the parking brake is a push button. No other E-brake available. Aside from not being able to control slides with the E-brake, I often forget to hit the dam button.

Second, there is no option to turn off the daytime running lights. This becomes an issue when I am pulling in the driveway late at night and I wake everybody up, first with the lights and then with the beep when I lock the doors.

Third: This one probably upsets me the most. When the engineers deigned the CC, the kept in mind airflow around the car clearly seen by the cars smooth look. However, I don't think they considered the interior aero dynamics at all. When a rear passenger opens the window, there is a loud air popping sound. When both rear windows are open this sound increases tremendously. When only the front windows are down the air flow is not constant. There are several bursts of air followed by air silence over and over again, causing cigarette ash to go everywhere. This problem is a bigger issue especially since the CC Sport does not have an option for a Sunroof. Sure you can pay $4 thousand dollars more for a CC with a glass top that tilts, BUT IT DOES NOT OPEN!

Other than these 3 issues the car is pretty solid and shifts like a dream.

Old 04-29-2009, 04:11 PM

My CC Sport has serious steering issues 3 months after purchase. The car has been in the shop for a week, unknown yet if the problem is fixed. At speeds over 70 mph the steering sticks and grabs when a slight correction is attempted.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:06 PM

First time owner looking for Passat CC owners.

First impressions .. and remember 06 Dodge Ram Mega cab with a Hemi is what I traded on this car ... that I am used to driving ... this car is small ... but easy enough to get in and out of. Im 5 7 220 lbs. The seat is comfortable although I have not yet figured out all the gadgets .. Ill be reading the owners manual tonight. My 11 and 8 year old feel comfortable in the back seat and like the config of the cup holder.

The performance of the V6 is quite impressive. Not the Hemi, but the engine is strong enough to move when needed. At a standstill, its a little slow to get started .. probably ok .. again comments due to riding a Hemi for the last 3 years.

Gas .. geeez .. what gas ... I went 126 miles or so on a 1/8 tank ... that would have been a little over a quarter tank on the Dodge but it was a 35 gallon tank ... very decent gas mileage for me anyway.

I live in the country and test this car at about 75 / 80 in the winding twisties ... held tight with the road and no feel of excessive lean or sloppy steering.

So .. first impression ..Ill give it a conservative 8 1/2 .. we'll have to see.

Last edited by sumncguy; 08-31-2009 at 09:10 PM.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:13 PM

I am planning to buy my uncle's cc this month, and i guess this thread is a good source of knowledge for me. My uncle said that the there is a small problem, the 2009 Volkswagen CC Brake Caliper and the sparkplug. That where the confusion runs into my mind. Can somebody here tell me if this is still a good choice?

Old 10-10-2011, 04:00 PM
Default New CC Owner

This is a great car. I am so pleased with its looks, performance and distinctive looks. I do not understand why VW does not market this car. I have owned BMWs can I seriously consider this car as good as my 325i.

Old 12-20-2011, 07:47 PM

Own a 2010. Really enjoy the car for a few reasons...

1) I've owned a bunch of different cars, Lexus, BMW, Jag, Mercedes, and several VWs....the CC is a "rare" car on the road, I'm not a fan of driving in the city and seeing someone driving "my car" next to me anywhere, so usually I'm the only one with it.

2) Unlike many people I LOVE the fact that it is only a four seater, a 5-seater sports car is not a sports car...well, neither is a four seater...whatever

3) Unique, driven in and owned CLKs and CLSs, I personally like the lines of the CC more, even if it is a bit of a rip off.

4) I get more questions and comments at gas stations with this car than all my others combined...most people ask what it is, then hesitantly ask what it costs

5) DSG is a legit transmission. You are going to get a little "lag" off the line, but if you're not heavy footed off every line, it won't bother you much...what I'm most impressed with is the gear shifting from 1-2, 2-3, 3-4 etc...super smooth, ridiculously efficient.

6) Interior is clean, classy and simple. I've owned a few cars that went overboard with the buttons, most recently Honda Accord (love the car, no complaints with the engines), but the interior is like some poor attempt at a jet cockpit, not need for that many buttons. My CC, as well as my wife's Jetta...and basically every VW ever really works to make the interior clean and easy to use. Love the look sitting in the driver's seat

7) Two-Tone interior. You can get the black and you'll probably love it, but the two-tone leatherette is rad, if rad is still cool. I'm a tree hugger, so the fact that they are leatherette is a plus with me, and from what I've seen from my friends 3 year old leather interior Lexus and 4 year old leather Infiniti makes me love my leatherette more...my wife's 5 year old Jetta Wolfsburg interior looks brand new, as does my 2 year old CC...did I mention it was rad?

8) Fuel. Yea, it takes premium, but at 31 mpg, I can't complain. A few road trips, locked in cruise control, got 31-33 average, crazy since its rated lower.

9) Look. Its pretty.

10) Frameless windows, take some getting used to, e.g., where you grab the door, and where you touch/push to close, but really neat when the doors are open.

11) Curves. Unlike American cars, actually doesn't look like a sofa-couch driving down the road.

12) 2.0T Engine...German, small, quick, efficient, powerful (enough), easy to maintain.

13) Touch Screen. Some have nav, some don't, any past 2010 have touch screen, COLORS MATCH THE INTERIOR...just smart, so when your screen is on, it matches the reds/silvers in your car..small but neat.

14) Drive. This is going to sound weird, but when I buy a car a lot of things go through my head beyond the purchase price...e.g. cost of ownership, maintenance, insurance, resale, etc...but there is an intangible that I think goes overlooked and is sometimes frowned upon, emotion. Driving, for me, is emotional. When I walk up to this car, or get our of it at the supermarket, I'm happy. Judge if you will, but this car, for some weird reason, makes me really happy. I think/hope everyone finds a car that does this to them (BMW, LEXUS, MITSU Evo, whatever).... but everyone should have at least one car that made them smile for more than a week after they bought it
......2 years, still smiling.

CONS:
1) Some folks don't like VW..they own BMW 3 series (or 1 series), or Infiniti Gs and believe they own superior cars
2) If you take your German car to the dealer, it will be expensive and will always be expensive
3) Your family will ask (if they don't own VWs), why you got a VW...hand them the keys and let them go around town (without you).

Quick Reply: CC Owners and Reviews