Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

window/key question

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2011, 04:29 AM
Default window/key question

On the new car there is no external key for entry correct? On my Jetta you could raise the windows without the car being on by turning the key in the lock, can you do that on this car?

also is there a key for the trunk I am missing, or button that raises it from inside the car?

Old 11-03-2011, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Gewing4
On the new car there is no external key for entry correct? On my Jetta you could raise the windows without the car being on by turning the key in the lock, can you do that on this car?

also is there a key for the trunk I am missing, or button that raises it from inside the car?
Well I can only say about the mk6 Golf. The door lock is covered with a plastic cover you have to use the key in a slot underneath to prise it off. Pull on the door handle at the same time as it fits around the back.

There is no external lock for the hatch you open it buy pressing the middle button on the remote. Plus the unlock button on the door panel will unlock the hatch you just lift the VW badge to open it.

You can set the function to close windows when you lock the car with VCDS you keep the lock button pressed for a few seconds that will send up all windows and close the sunroof if you have one.

Old 11-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by Keithuk
Well I can only say about the mk6 Golf. The door lock is covered with a plastic cover you have to use the key in a slot underneath to prise it off. Pull on the door handle at the same time as it fits around the back.

There is no external lock for the hatch you open it buy pressing the middle button on the remote. Plus the unlock button on the door panel will unlock the hatch you just lift the VW badge to open it.

You can set the function to close windows when you lock the car with VCDS you keep the lock button pressed for a few seconds that will send up all windows and close the sunroof if you have one.
Does it bother you there isn't a external lock for the hatch on your Golf? I'm so used to having one that I don't know if I could have a car like this - but maybe you don't even notice it once it's not htere.