Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Uneven brake wear// reinstalling stereo

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2007, 03:55 AM
Default Uneven brake wear// reinstalling stereo

Hi fellow vw owners. As you can tell by my name, I'm just a clueless rook that needs help.

My 01' Jetta gls will always wear the rear pads more than the front, alot more. I've heard this before
and it sounded like a lot of people are experiencing this. Can anyone throw out some tips?

From what little I know, I think it could be stuck calipur piston(drag), proportioning valve, or maybe
a height sensor valve(the back shocks do feel spongy), if my car's even equipped with it. Anways,
if anyone has heard about this occuring in 01's please let me know what you think it is. It's not
really weakening the brake performance or even really bothersome, just curious as to why my front
pads look like new and my old ones need replacement. Especially since brakes are conventionally
supposed to be at 60/40 with more braking in the front.

This one should be a doozy... I currently have a aftermarket minidisk player that I want to take out
so I can throw in the stock one. I had it done before but want a crack at it. So after I disconnect batt ground
and remove whatever I need to remove to access, do I just unplug and plug in the same way? That's probably
a real dumb ??? but just want to make sure. Also, the minidisk wasn't compatable with the disc changer in the back,
would that connecter most likely be easy to spot out in the void where the stereo rests? Also, it seems like a #&!(!(
to pull the actuall deck out, is there a tool or a technique?

Any answer would be greatly appreciated. Any tuttorials would be great too. thanks in advance!