Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Stereo Problems!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2007, 02:13 AM
Default Stereo Problems!!!

So today i had my system hooked up. I was happey with the quility of work and the sound. I drove the car for a little bit and then i noticed that the car had locked itself. IT NEVER DID THIS BEFORE. Then later i had shut off the car and later went to start it again. Well the anti-theft had engaged itself and would not let me start the car. So i had to turn the radio off manually to shut off the alarm system before i could start the car. Well then later i was showing a friend my system i left the car running and shut the doors. Well the car locked the doors by itself again. So needless to say my alarm and anti theft system is acting up and i dont know how to fix it other than take out my system. I left the stock radio in bucause i wanted to keep the 6 disk changer and i know the alarm and the theft is alltied into the stock radio. I NEED HELP WITH THE PROBLEM!!! PLEASE HELP!!!

Old 04-07-2007, 03:19 PM
Default RE: Stereo Problems!!!

Whoever installed your stereo system wired it in wrong. I haven't personally had the problem your having so I don't know how to tell you to fix it unless you tear it appart to find out where they went wrong. The best solution is probably to take your car back to whoever set it up. Unless of course it was you and your friends. Then you'll have to find someone who really knows what there doing when they pick the wires and fuses to hook up your system. Or take it to a professional. Good luck.

Old 05-16-2007, 01:24 PM
Default RE: Stereo Problems!!!

Problem solved!!! had nothing to do with my system or radio. it was my drverside door harness.. it was just a coincidence that it went out the same time my system was installed...