Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PLEASE Help! Service lights/RPM guage erratic/surging auto-transmission 2003 Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 01:06 AM
Default PLEASE Help! Service lights/RPM guage erratic/surging auto-transmission 2003 Jetta

Yesterday I had some problems with my 2003 Volkswagen Jetta. The Service lights (engine, cruise control, ABS, Airbag, Oil pressure)/RPM guage/surging auto-transmission all started going on and off and my service reminder beep kept sounding. I could still drive the car, but it would accelerate without me pressing on the gas pedal. Though the RPM guage was going up and down, the engine was not surging when this was occurring. I eventually turned the cruise control off switch on the blinker arm, and this caused the sound and lights to stop. Only the airbag light remains on. However, I did not drive it very far after turning off the cruise control switch. The car has about 58000 miles on it currently. Please let me know if anyone has experienced a problem like this and what the resolution was regarding the issue.

This car has been serviced at every interval including every 5000 miles. It is nearly ready for the 60000 mile service. I have had problems with the water-pump that led to adjustment of the timing since the dealership did not perform proper repair work on the vehichle (All Pro Imports in Gainesville, FL ---AWFUL EXPERIENCE), other than that, just the recalls, the door locks rattling, and the windows scrubbing.

I am hesitant to take it to the dealership because of the costs to even look at the car and open it up. If anyone knows of import auto repair shops near Tampa, FL with a reputation for positive costomer service and reputable work, let me know. Thank you for any and all recommendations regarding this predicament.