Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HELP!! Wife filled Engine with Water

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 11:39 PM
Default HELP!! Wife filled Engine with Water

Wife said her car started to overheat on her way home. I said maybe your water is low I will have to take a look at it. The next morning she woke me up to say she filled the car with water but now it won't run. Went to look and she had put water into the engine, Where The OIL Goes, and she completely filled it! She then started the car, it ran for a few seconds then died and would not restart.
Now, I have completely drained out all the water/oil, replaced the oil filter and refilled the engine with the correct amount and type of oil. But it will still not start. It will not even turn over. When turning the key you hear the click of the starter motor and that is it!

Please tell me she didn't totally screw the engine up bad....

Forgot to mention the car is a 2002 Volkswagen Jetta, 2.0 Liter Engine.

Old 04-23-2011, 04:03 AM

AVI stands for Audio Video Interleave. It is a special case of the RIFF (Resource Interchange
File Format). AVI is defined by Microsoft. Audio Video Interleaved (AVI) files are a common
format for compressed video clips. Files downloaded from the internet often use this format.
While movies downloaded from the internet and videos recorded with digital camcorders are
always AVI format. How to convert .avi to dvd mac for watching AVI video and movie on a standard DVD
player? This is an important question for most of us.
Professional
avi to dvd mac
program can help you to convert and burn
avi to dvd on
mac os
Step1. Free Download mac avi to dvd converter
Step2. Load AVI Video
Click "+" button to load AVI videos or movies to the program from your hard drive.
Step3. Edit AVI Video
You can trim and crop the added AVI video files and adjust the effects before converting
avi to dvd on
mac
. You also can add or edit the DVD Menu of the AVI Video files.
Step4. Burn AVI Video to DVD on Mac
Click "Burn" button to burn avi to dvd mac. After burning finished, you can play the DVD from AVI
videos on your DVD player.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:19 AM
Default waterlogged

It sounds as though you have hydrostaic lock.pull the spark pluggs and clear the cylinders of all water by cranking over several times.
water does not compress like air. Be sure to get out as much as possible.
Hope this was helpfull. ED

Old 04-25-2011, 01:54 PM
Default That Did The Trick...

My thanks to my buddy Shawn and to Ed here, you two gave me enough info that I got this done. Engine was definitely in Hydro Lock. I unplugged the power to the coil pack and removed all for spark plugs. Once that was done the engine would then turn over again and water/oil shot out of the plug holes like a water jet. I have cleaned everything and left the plugs out of the engine all day with the car in the sun. I'll will be putting everything back together this afternoon. Hopefully it will start when I'm finished, but I think it will. Everything is clean and dry, and it has the correct amount of just oil in the engine.

When this is done I will be back with another problem. Same car overheating at higher speeds, slow down or stop and it goes back down to normal. Speed up and it overheats. It has water in it.