Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Electrical Issue

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2020, 03:12 PM
Default Electrical Issue

Hey,

So my 98 TDI just recently died. I decided to just buy a cheap car and I bought a 2010 Jetta 2.5l a couple months ago and haven't really had issues. When I bought it, the dealership said that the door lock actuator was bad and that was why I couldn't use the key fob. They supplied the part and I told them I would install it. Finally got around to it this past weekend, and it seemed to make things worse. Before installing the actuator, I couldn't use the key fob, and none of the lock switches worked. I could unlock the doors using the switches, but the lock half of the switches didn't work. All the windows worked as they should as well. I swapped out the actuator and it did not help with the key fob problem. However, I can use the lock switches inside the vehicle, ONLY if the drivers door is shut. If the drivers door is open, the lock switches do not work. Unfortunately, I have a new problem. All 4 windows will roll down when the car is parked. It seems that if I use the key and lock the doors, the windows will roll down. However it has only been a few hours so will need some more time to fully test that theory. The unfortunate part of locking the car with the key now, is that whenever I unlock it, the alarm goes off.

I haven't read any codes for the vehicle but can plan on it if need be. With everything going on in the world, I have been starting work before dealerships are open and getting off when they are about to close. Everything has sounded like a bad lock actuator, and even after installing a new lock actuator, it still sounds like a bad lock actuator. Anyone have any other thoughts?

Old 08-10-2020, 08:19 AM
Super Moderator

You should have got the dealer install it that's where you bought it from.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.