Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What's the cheapest insurance for a Jetta?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2013, 04:51 PM
Default What's the cheapest insurance for a Jetta?

Just bought my Jetta over the weekend and have been shopping around for insurance quotes

I'm looking here - 2013 Volkswagen Jetta TDI Sedan Cost Of Ownership - 2013 VW Jetta TDI Insurance, Maintenance & Repair Costs - Motor Trend Magazine and it says that insurance for the thing usually runs over $1000/year.

I'm looking for insurance for it today (Just bought a couple days ago) and I'm trying to save as much money possible

what is your suggestion for finding the cheapest insurance?

i won't be driving it much (it's not for commuting), so I think I can get away with minimum coverage

what are the best sites to compare quotes? what's the best insurance company to use for Volkswagen's?

all input appreciated.

Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM

well, i went ahead and got some quotes from all of the big players in the car insurance industry

GEICO, Allstate, Amica, Progressive, eSurance, state farm, farmers, etc.

basically I went thru the list of all the best companies at Best Auto Insurance - Top 3 Auto Insurance Reviews

the cheapest i found for my Jetta was actually from a small company called Compare Auto Insurance Quotes - 4AutoInsuranceQuote.com (401) 580-7272 ... i'm not sure if i trust them case they seem a bit sketchy, but they quoted me at $69/month, which was nearly $20 less than any other company. but, it seems too good to be true so i might stay away

http://www.usaa.com quoted me at $70/month and they seem to be the best of the "reputable" companies, but... i guess they are only for military families, and they aren't accepting that my brother is in the military as an excuse for joining, so i guess they are a no go.

anyways, long story short, it seems like I might end up insuring with state farm. $90/month average rates.. i guess i could do worse,right?

Old 11-19-2013, 01:31 PM

I have nationwide, and it's pretty cheap.

Old 08-19-2020, 10:38 AM

USAA is the cheapest car insurance company, and it offers the lowest car insurance rates in the country, according to our analysis.

Old 08-19-2020, 10:38 AM

Wow, nationwide? For so many years? Lol, how could you cope with their permanently growing prices? Personally, I used their services too, but I switched to Total-Insurance when I understood, that I can't permit myself this insurance, as, being a taxi driver, it was quite expensive to pay 1800 for my Subaru Impreza. So, when I found from this forum, that people advise switching to Total-Insurance, I purchased their taxi insurance and you know what? Now I pay 1200 for the same Subaru Impreza, lol, 600 of saved money.