Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Disable Horn Chirp While Locking

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2011, 02:32 AM
Default Disable Horn Chirp While Locking

Does anyone know of a way to disable the horn chirp while locking a 2011 jetta s with the keyless remote? Or maybe make it a lower volume chirp?

I live in an apartment complex and I feel like I'm disturbing my neighbors when locking my car late at night.

Thanks.

Old 10-24-2011, 03:39 AM
Default VW can turn off the horn when locking doors

It's a computer configuration setting. I was told that it's free within first 30 days. I didn't know of this option at the time. The neighbor-waking horn blast when locking is only thing I don't like about the car. I've had other VW's that were much quieter.

Old 10-31-2011, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 5433
Size:  951 Bytes

You either go back to the dealer and ask them to switch it off or you find someone with VCDS and ask them to do it for a beer?

Old 11-01-2011, 06:32 AM
Default Lights flash instead?

Originally Posted by Keithuk
Welcome to the forum.

You either go back to the dealer and ask them to switch it off or you find someone with VCDS and ask them to do it for a beer?
VCDS = Ross-Tech: VCDS

Their info mentions possibly flashing the lights instead of sounding the horn. Anyone know if this this actually possible on a 2011 Jetta? At dealer or with this VCDS and if the latter which version? Paying the dealer would probably be worth it for me if there was a positive indication that the doors where locked that doesn't wake up people, since I'm outside of the point where they said they'd do it for free.

Old 11-02-2011, 02:33 AM

Thanks everyone for the information. I called the dealership a few days after I bought the car (before I posted) and spoke to the service manager. The response I got was something along the lines of "that's a good question, there's nothing we can do." I'm frustrated to hear that they do it for free in the first 30 days...

Anyways, I bought a vag-com last week and am waiting for it to arrive. I also need to clear the error code for the airbags (I unplugged one of the sensors while replacing the stereo) so I figured it was worth the investment since I'm such a geek with this type of stuff.

Does anyone know how to do this on vag-com? I've never used it, but I'm pretty tech savvy, so I could probably figure it out.

Old 11-02-2011, 06:35 PM
Super Moderator