General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 Jetta SW TDI automatic door locking disable

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Default 2010 Jetta SW TDI automatic door locking disable

Argh, please help me... my head spins every time the blasted doors lock when I hit a certain speed. Not only that 3 of the doors don't unlock by the inside door handle when you pull on it. The kids are always locked in the back.

I wish I would have noticed it before buying... its annoying enough of a bug that I would have insisted on it being disabled before finishing the deal.

I have just about been ready to disable the entire system until I found a fix, but then noticed that it doesn't even have manual door locks at all... GRRRR.

I know Ford and GM have unpublished codes that let you disable it. PLEASE tell me there is a similar disable code for the 2010 jetta. I'm just about fed up with it enough to disable the system completely anyway and just leave it unlocked all the time.

I'm even willing to dig in and do dirty work if there are no codes... like disabling whatever speed sensor there is or finding a lead from the computer to the door locking system and cutting it as long as the door buttons continue to work the door locks.

Old 12-06-2009, 03:13 PM

You find it out, you let me know. My 2003 GLI is the same way. I asked the dealer when I was there once, he told me not only they can't but won't. He went on to tell me it was a safety item. I really don't believe it is.

I wholeheartedly agree, the kids are in the back & need a hand or you go to put something in the back seat and its locked. Just wait until the key fob doesn't work, now you have to open the drivers door to unlock it all. I live in NH, a carjacking is what you do to lift the wheel off the ground.

Why the manuf. think its a safety item is a mystery. If I'm hurt I want people to get in to help w/o breaking windows.

Old 12-16-2009, 04:23 PM

I need to get back to this thread, but too busy at the moment for replies to specific posts.

I do recall back in the day when mechanical locks were the norm, standard instructions called for locking the door once you got inside. I seriously doubt that was to prevent car jackings, which would imply to me that somebody thought that doors being locked was safer than being unlocked.

Old 12-28-2009, 04:04 AM

Well ill be damned if the door is locking after all; guess I never checked it with the doors locked.Weird because on my S4 you have to unlock all doors, on the A4 only the driver side door has to be unlocked.

Old 01-12-2010, 08:17 AM

Safer is really irrelevant. It should be up to the driver whether the doors are locked are not. If people can't rationalize in their head when to lock the door and when they shouldn't and when they already have or haven't, should they even be driving a car?

I am still searching for a fix for this if anyone is aware of anything. Even/Especially hacks.

Old 01-29-2010, 01:36 AM

I think it should be upto the driver whether the door are locked or not

Old 07-16-2010, 11:46 AM

I finally got a fix for this. I found an import mechanic with a Vag-com. They charged me $15.

You can bet your bottom dollar that I'll never sign a contract on another car of any make or model unless it rolls off the floor with automatic door locking disabled.

Just yet another example of the type of thinking that brings us to a nanny state.