Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

cooling system question

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2007, 03:27 PM
Default cooling system question

Hey guys, what's up. Im new to this forum, and need some information on a problem I have right now. I have a 2000 jetta vr6. I have this problem with the EPC light coming on, and not wanting to accelerate past 3000 rpms...it's doing a weird surging, jumping thing when trying to accelerate through it.....it didnt do this until it got pretty cold outside. It also sounded as if the car was backfiring.

Before, there was and still is a check engine light on and i had it diagnosed as an innefciecent catalyst or something like that, this was like 6 months ago..... then the light went off after a while and ran fine. It's been back on for about 3 weeks now and never had a problem until it got cold outside.

also my other question is, where can i get diagrams of stuff on the engine. Particularly, I am looking for a heater hosing diagram for my 2000 jetta becasue i was taking the TB off, and when doing so, i broke off a tee connector on a heater hose that runs from right behind the oil cap to the firewall and into the heater core. I want to get this fixed asap casue it's kinda necessary to have a closed loop coolant system lol.

sorry for so much reading, i just need to get this car going as it's my wifes transportation and when she's home by herself with our new two week old baby, it'll freak me out cause she has no way to get anywhere....