Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1.8t clicking noise from engine :o

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2010, 01:33 PM
Default 1.8t clicking noise from engine :o

Hey everyone!
It's been a while since I been on the forum. My jetta decided it's time for me to perticipate in disscussion again!

So here's the problem: At idle I can hear a clicking type noise coming from the block of the engine. Also, while im acclerating it becomes audible. I did some sluthing around some fourms (much more research then actually inspecting the car) and I figured it could be my lifers. I gave a good man by the name of Ron a call (VW by Ron) and let him listen over the phone and he conformed it's more than likely the lifters not getting enough oil. I guess it is very common for the turbo model to accrue quite a bit of engine sludge.

So solution? I will be running some/lots of engine oil cleaner in my jetta, Karli (means little and wemonly in german as well as changing the oil and stepping up to a higher weight seeing how I'm at 110,000 mi
If that helps i'll be doing it at every interaval (I'm getting 200,000mi at least out this car!) if it doesn't help I will be pulling the oil pan of and replacing; screens, pumps, and anything else that needs it.

VW's arn't easy, but there worth it!

I hope someone could benifit from this! If anyone has any input let's hear it!