Volkswagen Golf
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Problems with my new Golf GTI and bad aftersales service of VW Group.

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 06:00 AM
Default Problems with my new Golf GTI and bad aftersales service of VW Group.

Last Monday 26 of May I sent the following email to VW Group in Germany and Greece. It s been 4 days now and noone has answered me yet.

I dont think that this is a good "behaviour" from VW towards a customer. The car has always problems and they seem not to care for their malfunctions....

"Dear Sirs,

I am writing to you regarding my complaints about your company’ s products as well as your after sales service.

In September 2005, I bought a new VW Golf GTI (2000cc turbo engine) from AUTONET S.A. in Athens, Greece.

From the first year, I faced many problems with my car.

Firstly, the back lights of the car having parked and having locked the car, were turning on by themselves. I took the car to authorized service points and they managed to solve my problem after three (3) attempts. In the meantime the battery went off as the lights were staying on every night.

Secondly, at the end of the first year, I had problems with one of the amplifiers (ignition coils) of the engine. The car could not move on properly and I had to leave it at the repair workshop for 3-4 days making my work life difficult being without a car. The technicians told me that it was a regular problem that many Golf cars have had. Since you have been aware of this problem, I do not understand why you don’t call back all Golf cars made in 2005 to replace these ignition coils…

Thirdly, one day during the 2nd year, as I was driving to my office the car suddenly stopped, the engine went off and I was caught in the middle of traffic in the left line of a highway. Risking my life I managed to push the car at the side of the road and call Road help to bring my car to the authorized service point. The problem was the air-conditioning system, and one of the “collars” was broken due to a manufacturing failure.

Finally, last Friday, the car now being 2 years and 8 months old and having driven 57.000km, as I was on my way to a meeting with a client, I was waiting the green light to go on at an intersection, I pushed with my left feet the clutch and to my surprise the clutch stayed down and I could not engage the first gear. Once again I was blocking the traffic while waiting for Road help to pick me up. Because of this new problem I had to rent a car during this weekend as I had to go to Salonika in the north of Greece for an appointment.

Today, Monday 26th of May, they called me from the authorized service point and informed me that it is a failure to both (!!!) of the “pumps” of the clutch. They told me that they have to replace them and the cost of this repair is approximately 650euros.

[size=3][font=calibri][i]At this point I want to inform you that in Greece when I bought my car I had 2 years guarantee. Two years later, I learned that Greek representative of VW group extended the guarantee of VW cars for another 2 years but only to the cars which were bought maximum 18 months ago. Thus, I missed this extended guarantee for about 5-6 months. I cannot understand why since the Golf car remains the same until now, only a part of your existing clients can have this