New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Travel assist errors

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2023, 08:05 PM
Default Travel assist errors

I have a 2021 Arteon R. For the past several months I have had the warning message "Travel Assist feature unavailable" coming on and off. Sometimes it is on for just a few seconds and other times it is on for many minutes. It will come and go repeatedly. A month ago I took it to my dealer with an appointment. When I got there he said the shop was backed up and wanted me to leave it for a few days. I couldn't do that so he said to come back in 2 weeks when they would not be so busy. I did and got the same story. Come to find out they already had another Arteon in the shop with the same problem and it had been there 2 weeks. I told him to call me when they got that one figured out. Now it's been a month and no answer. I went on VW vortex and found many newer VWs with that same problem. One poster said they replaced the steering wheel and that seemed to fix it. I emailed my service manager and asked about that. Here's his email answer: "Thank you for the information Previously they were replacing steering wheels on some models and enough to the point they started to make the part separate that was needed to fix that that is what we have already put into the Arteon here and it has come back to the dealership for the same concern. We have just installed a front camera in the vehicle and are going to release it to the customer and see what happens. There is yet to be one specific item to fix these vehicles it has ranged in repairs. Also those steering wheels are on a national back order last one ordered here took 6 months to receive. I will keep you posted. "

Old 06-09-2023, 01:24 AM

Nice to know.