New Here in Cincinnati - Just Bought My First VW! - Volkswagen Forum - VW Forums for Volkwagen enthusiasts

Old 09-09-2017, 04:45 PM

Default New Here in Cincinnati - Just Bought My First VW!

Hi All, I'm happy to find you because I'm very excited to be a new VW owner! I previously had an Audi Q3, which I ordered brand new from Germany. I loved the luxury of it, but decided if I was going to have a German car, I wanted it to be a car, not an SUV. There was something about it being an SUV that made it feel clunky and not very zippy. So I traded the Audi for a new RAV 4, which I love. Then I started looking for the German car. I really wanted an A3, but you can't really find them used, and every single A4 I found used was abused and icky. So I started seeing the 2012-2014 Jetta that have a really sleek look (a lot like the current Passat). Love the dark gray metallic, and finally found one and bought it. It's a 2013 2.5 SEL with this GORGEOUS wheels that come on the SEL. Never thought I'd buy from Carmax, but they do offer a 30 day warranty which is REALLY nice to assure you don't have a lemon. I took the Jetta to the closest VW dealer (which I LOVE and will definitely be their customer), they checked it all out for FREE, and gave me the results in writing, which I then took back to Carmax and they took care of ALL of it. Nice. Nothing major, as the engine and big parts checked out fine. But it needed a new auto-window switch, which wasn't cheap. Also fixed wheel minor wheel damage, replaced headlight and DRLs (both missing), etc.
Anyway, I'm interested to hear what you all love about your VWs, and what customizations you've done. I already did pinstriping with the VW logo which looks sweet!
Attached Thumbnails
New Here in Cincinnati - Just Bought My First VW!-img_0693.jpg  
Old 09-10-2017, 07:43 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

On your other post you say you can't see pics, can you see yours?

Please tell us your car spec in your signature
Old 10-17-2017, 03:28 AM

Hi I amLile, nice to meet you my congrats