New Member Area New to VWF? Stop in tell us about you.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2009 Volkswagen CC

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2020, 10:25 AM
Default 2009 Volkswagen CC

I have a 2009 Volkswagen CC with 185k miles on it. The car started fine but when I got on the highway and pushed it a little, i rev’d up to 5,000 RPMS and as soon as i upshifted my engine light started to blink as well as my EPC light coming on. I pulled over to the right lane and got off the next exit, pulled over completely and there was a substantial amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust and the engine was boggling, and it sounded like my head gasket blew.. I slowly drove it home, with an excessive amount of white smoke, almost had a blue tint to it, and I left it at home. I called a shop and when I started the car the next morning there was an absurd amount of white smoke from the cold start. As the days went on, every time I started the car there was less and less smoke. I recently drove it to another shop, in my hometown, and they said it has to be something with my head gasket.. They said I’d be better off buying a new engine. However, the next day I drove it to another shop. When I started it, it sounded perfect, as I went down the road there wasn’t excessive amounts of smoke but there still was. But my engine was not boggling and it was running smoothly.. I’m not sure what could be the problem but has anyone else come to this problem before ? Thank you.

Old 04-25-2020, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum.

After being prompted.

As suggested in your other post.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Please tell us your car spec in your signature