Broken ECU on my Polo

Old 08-05-2008, 05:24 AM
Default Broken ECU on my Polo

Hi All

Hope this is in the right place...

I have an X Polo 1.4 Saloon car , the rare(ish) 4 door type I have an X reg Polo , The saloon style that they didn't make many of (cant think why lol) , anyway , water over the years and months has managed to damage my ECU and it has been declared unfixable!
My mechanic says that firstly he thinks its a manufacturing fault and I should tell the dealer about it (im the 4the owner) and that I HAVE to get a new ECU done at a dealers costing upwards of £500 ! plus of course the tow TO the dealers , making it uneconomical to even get the car fixed !
Do i really have to get a main dealer to do the work and does anyone think the original selling dealer will even entertain my problem ??
Any advice welcome
Dan

Old 08-05-2008, 07:50 PM
Default RE: Broken ECU on my Polo

might want to call them and see if they have had problems with that
might be a recall
i have head of this on some us modles that the dealers wher fixing under a recall