Flickering Dash Light problem

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Default Flickering Dash Light problem

Have any of you ever had an issue with flickering dash lights on your Phaeton? I'm not referring to the central computer display, just the lighting of the speedometer etc. I've had my car in 3 times and initially they cleaned up some connectors and it worked okay for a while, but this time, I got the answer below (which I think is bogus for a variety of reasons...it's just not acceptable for a modern automobile to have these issues (also, unlike my laptop computer, cars are designed to be used outdoors and in cold weather - and this issue occurs in 30-40F degree weather. Can anybody help me out here? Thanks!

Message from my dealer's service dept.:
"Our support team took your instrument cluster concern to the product engineers for their input. I finally have an answer ... however, I doubt you'll like the answer. Product engineering says the flicker you have in the cluster in cold conditions is normal. They likened it to leaving a laptop outside in cold weather. Upon start up, the screen would be slow to
offer a quality display. This, in essence, is our issue with the instrument cluster, and there is no repair or update available for it."