Running extremely rough and all the dash lights are on, help!

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2024, 03:19 PM
Default Running extremely rough and all the dash lights are on, help!

Good day fellow passat owners. My sons car is having major issues. Its a 2015 passat tsi 1.8. He was driving and the cell came on, scanned code and got a cyl 2 and 4 random misfire. Cel, tsc, etc, among a couple other lights were on at this time. Approx miles ae 110k so we started with plugs and coils. Hoped that would fix. Ran decent for a couple days, lights came back on and cel started flashing. He tried to do a little research and came across.the cam shaft adjuster magnet needing to be replaced, thought why jot. Easy fix. Replaced this and cel stopped flashing but lights were still illuminated. Went to get gas shortly after replacing and was going to take it to have codes cleared, restated car and same issue came back. Extremely rough l running, cel flashing, and went into limp mode.l while driving and wouldn't go above about 15 mph with jo reaction from gas pedal. Any ideas from here without taking to dealership or is this pretty much a dead end and engine replacement? We don't really have the money and or time to dump a bunch into it. Looking for some insight. I don't have the codes currently and I'm not willing to drive it anywhere the way it sits. Let me know some thoughts, please.