My 2 cents on my Passat...hate this car

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2008, 10:09 PM
Default My 2 cents on my Passat...hate this car

Hi,
I lease a 2006 passat that we got with 18 miles on it. Since our lease started our car has been at the dealer for a total of 43 days. Everything you could possibly go wrong with this vehicle has gone wrong, from complete brake failure to stalling on the freeway during rush our traffic.
This is my wife's car and i leased it because i wanted what i thought was the safest car on the market. My wife was 8 months pregnant when the AC blew out on a one year old car in Phoenix...she went into false labor due to it.
My baby was born at term with no problems, but when he was three months old the car stalled on the freeway...my wife is 5'2" and weights 110 lbs...she was pushing this car off the road during rush hour with my infant in the back seat screaming....I don't feel that is car is safe as they make it out to be.
That is just a few of the problems we have had to deal with.
The worst part of everything is customer service at VW. I have argued with them for over a year now...I would like a new car, a car that isn't a lemon...there response always is " we feel that we have corrected the problem, and at this time will stay within the agreement of or contract."
I had a friend tell me that i should at least ask for a month and half of my lease back, so i did that. I called and they said they would give me one month plus 2 oil changes (which if you have a passat, you know how $$ the are). I said that wasn't adequate as i've lost more then one month of my car being in the shop, plus i put alot down, so i should get that back as well. They told me they would give me two months of my lease, plus two oil changes. I still don't think my car is safe, but i'll take it. So i did as they asked, faxed my lease agreement. I called back yesterday and they told me that they are not going to give me the two oil changes, just the two months of lease payments....i was furious. They state i was making up the part of the two oil changes, that there was no documentation of that ever being agreed too. The manager said i must have misunderstood what the conversation was about.
Its not about the money at this point. They just don't care. They have no consideration, they cannot even stand behind there car, they sell lemons and expect you to have to deal with it. They have no worries that my wife is driving my son around in a vehicle who's brakes have failed, and there explaination to it was a computer glitch...it took them 2 weeks to fix a computer glitch.
I now tell all my friends and family not to purchase any Audi or VW, because you will always regret it....I now have to sell my prized car that i've wanted since i was a kid, so that i can purchase a new car for my wife, so i will drive this death trap instead.
thanks for reading my story and hope anyone considering to purchase a VW will think twice.