General Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I hate my jetta.

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2011, 10:04 AM
Default I hate my jetta.

I have a 2001 jetta gl and I bought it brand new. I loved it when I got it and I babied it unbelieveably. I always had it maintained and kept the paint and interior in mint shape up until about a year ago. Unfortunately my car hasn't treated me as well. Since I bought it new I have had so many issue with it. I added it up recently and have sunk over 8k in repairs into this thing over the years. What started out as a 17k vehicle has cost me more than 25k over the years. I think I may have replaced the same (oxygen sensor I believe) about 8 times at a cost of around $400.00 each time (among many other things I had to repair or replace). I have taken it to multiple shops and it's always costs me over $400 no matter what the issue is.
The sensors have always been the biggest issue. It always starts the same way and it happens about once every year and a half. I start the car and when idiling, the engine sputters and feels like it's going to stall. When I drive it it shakes and bucks when I excellerate and has difficulty getting up to speed and continues to buck and sputter while driving it. The engine light on and blinking. My latest repair man told me that the sensor gets clogged more quickly if you use regular gasoline so he told me to use only super. I have been and it prevented the issue from coming back for longer than in the past but it's back again. I am so sick of this piece of crap car. I have had nothing but problems with it and will never buy another VW product again. My question is this...what will happen to my car if I drive it like this? I just have to wait until October so that I can buy another car. I need it to last me until then but I don't want to fix the issue. I'd rather walk than drive this car anymore.