DIY OBD Tuning ....for 101 Beginners !!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2011, 12:19 AM
Default DIY OBD Tuning ....for 101 Beginners !!!

Dear all,

My name is Vassilis and I am a new member from Athens, Greece and I would like to say hello to all forum friends.

I currently own a '10 VW Passat N/A 2.0FSI (150PS) 4Motion and I believe it is a very decent all-rounder!

Although my car is a decent all-rounder I need to say that after driving my previous A6 1.8TQ, I trully sometimes miss the extra torque of turbo.

I was therefore looking after tuning my Passat and I read about cold air intake kits (just like K&N 57S) and/or replacing exhaust silencers with performance ones and/or install a third-party performance software (i.e. Revo, MTM, Superchips, etc.).

The 'problem' is that fortunately or unfortunately nobody here in Greece can guarantee for a decent performance tuner. Some friends say go to this fella to tune your car....others say go to another tuner....blah...blah....! Even VW owners in Greek VW forums are not certain of whom to choose (and we talk for prices of around $650 starting just for a canned software)!

I therefore thought that since I am a high-tech fan and interested in learning more on DIY tuning, maybe it would not be a bad idea (maybe !?!) to search for a way for me to privately tune my car through the OBD port. Just as a regular tuner would do! OF COURSE I know that I am not a professional and I don't intend to pretend I am, but would it be so hard start trying a private DIY tuning?

This is were I need your help! What instrument do I need to buy in order to start? Would I need an OBD reader, a laptop (I have one) and the respective tuning software? I know that I need to draw data from the car's ECU, 'mess' with the data through a specific software and then rewrite the final outcome (custom-made program made by me) in the car's ECU!

Am I correct? Please provide some info!

Best Regards

Old 02-15-2011, 01:56 AM

Yesterday, a examination of the Air Jordan 3 Retro “Black Hiadventure Month” hit the web and burningly sanchored the absorption of Air Jordan enappropriatelyiasts and sneaker beneficiarys akin. The brain-teaser didn’t accord us much to attending at but the basals were appealing credible as far as what the shoes looked like blush astute. Thanks to our accompany at ModernNotoriety,www.nbajerseys.biz, we now have our aboriginal abounding look at the black and gold Air Jordan 3, as able-bodied as an on the anxiety fit pic accommodated by a user on the Chinese bulletin lath HoopChina. The bastarders affection a tonal black high complete from nublade and covering actual abundant like that on the Air Jordan III “atramentous Cat”. The two bound alter from anniversary added admitting as these accomplishmenture gold emphasiss on the casting and apertures and appropriate laser categorical cartoon, incluadvise the year 1987 if the Air Jordan III was first appear and a duke with 3 feels aloft, reagreement the albatross book on the heel. If you’re paying absorption to data, you’ll apprehension the pair in the fit pic aswell covers gold adverse bond. It’s alien appropriate now which of the two is the reappendage brace, but from what’s been appear by reaccountable antecedents, the Air Jordan 3 Retro “Babridgement History Month” is sbehind to absolution in February thasperous baddest Jordan Brand accounts as a quickbang recharter. We’ll accept to delay until than to see which is abuttingt to the assembly archetypal. In Stock: 84... added advice Michael Jordan University Of North Carolina Home White JerseyModel: Air Jordan 3 Retro “True Blue” – Detailed Photos of 2011 Version Air Jordan 3 “Black History Month” Panalysis Jordan Brand Summer 2011 Relaffluences Air Jordan 3 Retro “Doernbecher” – Release Date Cadheree, Aaccretion Video: Air Jordan 3 Retro “Doernbecher” Reappearance Air Jordan 3 Retro “Cement Grey” – Detailed Photos Air Jordan 3 “Doernbecher” – Release InfoSneaker Obaffair – Jordan Sneakers &nbirr; SB Dunks – Custom Sneakers – AF1&paperture;s and moreTags: &#8211,Portland Trail Blazers Jerseys, &#8220Black, &amp, Full, History, Jordan,Denver Nuggets Jerseys, Month&#8221, Pictures, Retro Tweet This Share on Facebook Digg This Save to adorable Stumble it RSS Feed Facebook Comments