99 passat 1.8t jerking when accelerating

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2020, 05:48 PM
Default 99 passat 1.8t jerking when accelerating

So right to the issue.

The car runs fine until it reaches operating temp (199-203f). When left idling for a bit it will smoke when I hit the gas. The car runs a drives fine, but when I really get on it once at temp it jerks and bucks horrible! My cylinder 1 plug seems to get fouled out (tried switching the coil packs around, same outcome) but the other 3 seem good. However I get a code for misfire cylinder 2. Boost seems good, doesnt run better with maf unplugged, have 2 new injectors (thought that may have been it). Just seeing what other ideas you guys might have! Thank you in advance!

Old 05-14-2020, 08:05 AM
Super Moderator

First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!

Default Welcome to Volkswagen Forum - Rules & Recommendations

I've seen the same question on other forums I use.

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

Old 05-14-2020, 12:54 PM
Default Sorry new to this

Sorry I dont know how these things work just always see threads from here when I look up issues. I'm definitely going to keep up with this forum, its helped me with a lot, and now I can possibly help others with some of the repairs I've had to make. This is my daily driver, but also a toy. I did scan it, I get a code for: misfire cylinder 2, mass or volume air flow circuIt low, and vehicle speed sensor range/performance. If I unplug the MAF it doesnt get any better.

Old 05-15-2020, 08:42 AM
Super Moderator

Which scanner did you use to find the error codes a generic scanner?

You need to get your motor scanned (preferably with VAG-COM\VCDS) for any error codes logged in the ecu and post them, that will save a lot of guessing and check systems out.

I would suggest you join a great VW forum http://www.volkswagenforum.co.uk/forum.php is far more active than here.

Crasher is the expert on VW and Audi he has is own workshop.

I'm an admin on there so the same rule applies. First posts normally go in introductions else you could get a free fix and we never see you again!!!