07 Passat: Trunk opening, front passenger door registering open, when not

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 01:12 PM
Default 07 Passat: Trunk opening, front passenger door registering open, when not

It all started over this past summer, the trunk was randomly opening when my car was parked...on or off, locked or unlocked. I took it to a VW dealer. They said it had a faulty latch, replaced it. I thought I was good to go.
Several weeks ago now, the trunk started popping again randomly, but only if my car was unlocked and parked. Then, the front passenger door was registering as open on the screen, when it wasn't, causing my alarm to go off if the car was locked. This all ended up draining my battery, that I didn't know at the time. Car was towed to the dealership (I am still under warranty, so no costs), they said the dead battery was causing the problems. They said they fixed everything, replaced door sensor etc. Well by the time I get my car off the dealer lot, the door is registering ajar again. This is now the 3rd time in 3 weeks that my car is back at the dealer for another attempt at repair. They say they can't get the problems to duplicate while they have my car, have hooked in up to be monitored and still nothing. But why can I get it to happen everywhere but when they have it? And has this happened to anyone else? For a year and half old car, this is ridiculous!

HELP!