GTi No More

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2006, 01:20 PM
Default GTi No More

Last night i lost control of my GTI spun out and hit a guard rail. Insurance dropped me. My car will be fixed and i cant drive it for a year or more. If otherwise it will be fixed and sold. Im pretty much ****ed.

Old 12-17-2006, 03:27 AM
Default RE: GTi No More

No way.... that blows man. I feel your pain 100% I got dropped from insurance last year because someone smashed into my car and somehow proved it was my fault even though he clearly just plowed into me, insurance dropped me and I didnt have a car till a few months ago. You dont even want to know what im paying for insurance [:@]. Just fight hard and bust your *** workin and youll be back on track before you know it. Dont let it get to ya.

Old 12-17-2006, 09:13 AM

man, that sucks. i've been dropped from my previous car insurance. i know how you feel.are the damages real bad. hopefully there not and you will be able to start riding again =) shoot!!! maybe a new 2007 after you sell the other one. who knows. is the insurance company going to pay for the damages???

Old 12-17-2006, 11:57 AM

Yeah man they have to pay. Though it was 110% my fault i have full coverage. The worst part is im a teenager and insurance is very unforgiving. As far parents go im not driving till next december. Maybe ill get lucky and they'll ease up eventually but not now. I keep waking up at night to the smell of airbag smoke and the sound of sirens its awful. I feel so bad its not even funny. The damages are pretty bad. If it isnt totalled then it'll take a while to fix. If it does get fixed and pray hard to God that it will ill be happy just seeing it in my garage. I tell you guys if someone gaveme anAudi RS4 i would sell it just to have my old GTi back. Be safe guys and try not to do stupid **** like i did. No matter how many times uve driven somewhere theres always room for mistakes.

-Harris

Old 12-18-2006, 05:08 AM

what actually happened. how did you hit the guard rail??? just curious. i give no lectures, talks, or pass judgement, etc. just wondering.

Old 12-18-2006, 10:36 AM

Yeah its all good dont worry. Well i live on this sloped winding road that my friends and i drive on alot. In the people we know about 6 have had major wrecks over there. Going down the road leaving my house its just a double s-curve so you know what to expect and i normally drive with traction control (ESP) turned off. on my way BACK TO my house the road is a curve, a straight, and then another curve so i treated it as if i was going down the other way and with trac. control off i went through the first corner and slid a little thinking whatever i'll just steer in the curve directions but as soon as i left the corner i ended up sliding sideways on a straight road so i tried to regain a straight position or atleast to stop the slide but i couldnt so basically just lost it spun jumped the curb and smashed into the rail with the back of my car. My front had damage from the curb hop because my car was lowered a little. Yeah so it turns out even if we fix it we have to sell it because my father thinks theres no use keeping a car garaged for a year and especially theres no point keeping a car with accident history.

Old 12-18-2006, 11:38 AM

bummer man, sorry to hear that.

Old 12-18-2006, 06:01 PM

Thanks for all the good wishes guys. It means alot that atleast someone cares enough to wish me back in the GTI instead of out of it. Whenever i get around to a new car i guarantee you guys it'll be even badder and it'll still be a VeeDub GTI but this time i wont let it down. Take it easy.

-Harris

Old 12-19-2006, 12:31 PM

don't feel to bad. i was teaching my friends daughter how to drive manual transmission. she was doing good down the street, then she pulled into the driveway did not press the clutch or brake and gently bump her dad bumper, but bent the corner part of my hood. doesn't that suck!! luckily we were on a incline and my car went under the truck. and only bent the hood.
the light is pull in a little but i think ican loose the housing and push it back. not as bad as i think it is. it just sucks because isaw it happen, about to pull the e-brake, but didn't pull.
boy does it suck

[/align]

Old 12-19-2006, 07:43 PM

Yeah well hey man couldve been worse. She couldve rolled back into the street and someone couldve smashed ur car and ud be sitting here like me. Lol hope your car gets fixed soon dude.

Quick Reply: GTi No More