Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Very Leaky Jetta

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 02:29 PM
Exclamation Very Leaky Jetta

Okay so I live in Florida so this is a relatively dire situation. There is a leak in my car somewhere and I keep finding a large amount of water on the floor inside my car. Upon researching I found that a lot of people recommend checking to see if the drainage tubes from the sunroof are clogged. I managed to squeeze some crud out of the nipples that come out the side of the doors and the ones in the back and they are all flowing nice and freely now. However when I pour water in to test, I noticed that water is dripping down from under the dash and through the fuse box and emergency break lever. I don't know what the inside of the sunroof is supposed to look like so I can't really make any educated theories. I was wondering however, since I live in Florida and torrential downpours are very common, if its possible that the drainage tubes can't keep up with the shear volume of water that they're having to deal with. If this is the case and the water is getting backed up before it gets to drain out, where is it that the water is escaping into the inside of my car?

Sunroof3 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Sunroof1 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Sunroof2 | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Here I have provided a picture of where the water is leaking and of my sunroof in case anyone can identify some blatantly obvious problem with it.

Some people have also said that it may be a problem with the water that is involved with the AC... but my AC isn't working right now which is a completely other issue that I need to look into.

I wish that I didn't have the sunroof honestly because I never use it. If all else fails is there a way that I can just seal it off? I have no intention of reselling the car so it won't really matter if the sunroof doesn't open.

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

-Arin

Old 09-24-2012, 02:34 PM

Oh and I am dumb and meant the hood release, NOT the emergency break lever.

Old 09-24-2012, 04:33 PM

Sounds like your windshield is leeking

Old 09-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the forum Arin. Name:  VWwelcome.gif
Views: 50
Size:  951 Bytes

If you suspect the sunroof there should be drain pipes to remove the water that leaks in make should there aren't blocked.

Clearing the sunroof drains, fixing a broken line, or the Audi and VW sunroof recall

https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ne...gnature-34185/