Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

trunk wont open

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2008, 06:44 PM
Default trunk wont open

i opened my trunk yesterday with no problems...put a few items in the back then closed it. went to open it a few hours later to add more to it...now it wont open. when i click the open button on the remote, when i manually use the key, or even wheni use the trunk release from the door nothing will open it. it makes the sound like it is unlocking but yet it doesnt. has anyone had this happen before? i just dont want to pay out the *** for something that could be so minor.

Old 05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
Default RE: trunk wont open

you need to get in the trunk through the back seat and pull the trunk lit carpet off
a few screws and you can get to the latch and pull on the linkage to open it might have just popped of i have seen it before

Old 05-27-2008, 10:51 PM

This happened to me a couple times right getting the car. I had to pull down the back seats and manually pop it open from the inside. Haven't had any problems in a while now. If it continues, then I'll take it back to the dealer.

Old 05-28-2008, 12:31 PM

i did get in the trunk through the back seats but i can see what im doing...when i tried to lift the carpet up...it has nowhere to go...so how am i supposed to manually do this? its under the trunk carpet?

Old 05-28-2008, 05:24 PM

I have the same problem. My trunk makes a noise from the controller and from the driver door, but it wont actually open. Sadly, my gas tank wont open either, same kinda thing. I can pry the gas tank open. I can get my trunk to open, if I put the key in it and manually turn it really hard inside the lock. I cant offer a permanent solution, but maybe this helps?

Old 03-28-2019, 09:27 PM
Default 2008 VW BUG Trunk won’t open

After replacing actuator and latch, I finally figured out why trunk would not open. The wire that is strapped to the lever that connected the trunk to the body of the car had three broken wires. They were not visible because there is a black rubber sleeve meant to protect these wires every time the trunk is closed. Squeezing the sleeve, I found a flicker with the interior trunk light that told me I had an obvious bad connection. I was able to pry the sleeve down and connect the wires back together with some electrical splicers. Problem solved!!!!