Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions

Old 04-11-2011, 01:55 PM
Thumbs down questions

hi there,, i just came home now from dealer,after my cluster is in defective shape..because it always giving me fault codes..those fault codes are

01044 - control module incorrectly coded
P1570 - engine start blocked by immobilizer
65535 - internal control module memory error...

so on my instrument cluster where the mileage is displayed on the bottom is keep sayind..dEF....and i cannot see the segment display which is displaying P.R.N.D....dealer told me that instrument cluster is done which means is defective now,and that i have to buy the instrument from dealership, so that they can program it, i ask them what if i buy cluster from the ebay would that be ok and if i just want dealer to program it,,they say no,because they can't deal with those aftermarket clusters,it gotta be one from them..

can anyone in here who is done and who got experience with programming the instrument cluster give me a advice,,is it ok for my to buy the cluster from ebay and to program it on my own,by writing down the original mileage from my old which is defective now to my new cluster,,,and i found cluster on ebay which is from jetta 2004 with chrome around,and it's without MULTI FUNCTION INDICATOR,,,it's same as mine but just different year..my is 2001 jetta..and the instrument cluster in my jetta is without multi function indicator..and do i need to buy cluster that match my part number which is 1j0..or it can be any cluster as long as it without multi function indicator..thanks to all of you who is trying to help me....