Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Please Help, VW Jetta Wolfsburg Won't Start!

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2006, 12:22 PM
Default Please Help, VW Jetta Wolfsburg Won't Start!

I have a 1999 Jetta Wolfsburg Edition.

About a month ago I started having a few issues. It's a manual transmission, and anytime I would get going (and this happened primarily in first and second, and eventually in all the gears) it would act really jumpy as if it wasn't getting any power at first. Usually, when the RPM's got a little higher, it would get going a little better. Also, occasionally, the car would just die when I was stopped or going slow (always in first or second). I'd have to restart the car in neutral, and then I would be on my way. This sometimes happened up to twice on short trips, but usually only once.

At first I thought it was a clutch issue, but the issue got a lot better over the last week or so; so I kind of forgot about it. Well, yesterday, the car wouldn't start at all. It's turning over just fine, not too fast, just like normal. I'm not having any power issues, the car will turn on just fine, so I'm thinking it might be a fuel issue. (The car does have gas in the tank, however).

Any ideas as to what this might be? And does anyone know a good mechanic in the DFW area that isn't a dealership.

Thanks for any and all help/advice!