Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

97 Jetta Won't Start Please Help!

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 08:03 AM
Default 97 Jetta Won't Start Please Help!

Hello,

I have a 1997 VW Jetta GLS and the other day I had the Ignition housing, switch, cylinder replaced because my dashboard would go out and I would have to "fiddle" with the key to get them to come on, while driving! Anyways, it was replaced and now the car won't start. I press the clutch down and turn the key, nothing. If I leave the key in the on or running position and pull down the fuse panel, I can manually force the cluch relay down and the car starts right up. So somthing with either turning the key or pushing the clutch in does not get that lead that I am pushing on to activate. I could just start throwing parts at it to figure out whats wrong but I am trying to avoid spending money on parts that do not need to be replaced. If anyone has heard of this before or had this happen I could use any and all comments to help with my situation.

Old 08-16-2007, 01:20 PM
Default More on this issue......

Yesterday I disconnected the battery to check around the air bag and ignition cyclinder to see if I could locate what is causing my car not to start. I did not find anything but the odd thing was when I connected the battery back I went to the passenger door to turn off the alarm which I knew would go off when reconnecting power back to it. Well the alarmed beeped 1 time then stopped, which is very odd, it has never done that before. I am starting to think now that something is wrong with the alarm or relay or something. If anyone can think of something that I could check or do to help me solve this no start problem, I would really appreaciate the assisstance.