Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to the forum !Need Help please!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2009, 09:21 PM
Default new to the forum !Need Help please!!

Hey, Im new to the forum and ive been looking to buy aused car for daily driving I run about 25k every year or more, so that started to look around and there is a 97' vw golf gti 4cyl edition and 1999 Jettafor a fair price soI mentioned it around and I got alot negative feed back from a freind who owned a toureg . soI did some re-search and ran into alot mixedresponses. I always thought VW was reliable, in-expensiveand efficent. But there was alot I read about how parts are expensive and hard to find and they have constantproblem one after anotheris this true ??? or is this just a result of bad maintence and ignorance from people who don't know what wear and tear is orhad bad luck with there used vechiles[>:] ? I really like VW its a more tough, fun, unmolstedand respectable badge compared to my other option of going with a civic there good cars but they haveattracted a certain type of driver......its not all civic'sdrivers who dont know what there doing/saying and do some ugly things to there cars itsjustALL the people I know that drive them. Thanks for any advice if any.

Old 01-22-2009, 08:19 AM
Default RE: new to the forum !Need Help please!!

The parts are expensive but thats the same with any foreign car. Alot of parts do have to be order or picked up from the dealership. I have a 2000 Jetta that I bought for the same reasons as you and time I have to put into the car is disapointing. But every car is different, maybe you'll get lucky and find one that needs oil changes and thats it. Good Luck.