Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modification issues

Old 12-15-2006, 06:22 PM
Default modification issues

I have a 94 jetta and i've always wanted to "pimp it out" but i'm worried about money and buying the right equipment and even having the right car to do it to.

things i've been thinking about:
Exterior:
Sparkling black paint
tented windows
rims
exhaust
spoiler?

Interior:
painting center counsole and air vents
*I hate the gray seats and carpet. no clue what to do about that*

and of course the kicking sound system

i guess my question is:
does any one have any ideas about what i should get or should i just trade in or get another/newer model jetta for modifying?

need any more pictures to make a decision, just ask me and i'll get them soon.

much thanks
[sam]

[IMG]local://upfiles/2802/CDC67313C33E4137903CEA44E63E0BA6.jpg[/IMG]

Old 12-18-2006, 03:55 PM
Default RE: modification issues

hey sam dont want to turn off a cutielike you but veedubs are an aquired taste[&:]

Old 12-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Default RE: modification issues

Honestly I was like you when i thought the working on cars should cost alot of money and be out of reach for someone inexperienced. I have since been researching like crazy about cars in general and studied mechanica systems, paint, interior, body work, electrical systems, super chargering (turbo), NOS, etc.......

What it comes down to is how much time you are willing to put into a job to make the job look awesome
i've seen way to many people rush jobs and see them turn out like crap.............

As far as painting your car if you want to paint it.........DO it yourself, trust me you can do it with research and alot of reference materials,
Painting the car is the easiest part of a paint job, (20%), 80% of the job is BODY WORK, Making sure that the body is perfect for paint is the most time consuming part, dealing with dents and dings and deeeep scratches, and rust.................

If i were you i would research HOK paints or Alsa paints
both of these companies have alot of positives
HOK has a great selection of mixtures that allow people to create very nice paint jobs with the right mixtures which are very clearly posted on the package...........also You can experiement with Kandy Concentrates in the clear coat and go for a completely unique beautiful color.

Alsa on the other hand has insane effects that are mind boggling, They have heat receptive paints,
Chrome paints, 2 tone mixture paints, chrome color paints, Neon glow paints, on top of sick sick sick combination and packages that give you detailed instructions to get a unique look. Defintitly QUALITY.

As far as painting your dash i would go with KILLER CAN ALSA paints, You can do anything from colors to chrome these cans are really pricy about 40 bucks a can but you will get results that with blow your mind!!!!!!!! Check out some of the videos on youtube, just time in alsa and check out the results for their company.

Spoilers for cars with FWD are useless, in my opinion it doesn't reduce drag but if you want that cool look go for ebay and get a black one for 140$

As far as turboing or supercharing i would do alot of research on your engine before you start that project

Seats are very easy and cheap on ebay too
Some seats can run as low as 199 $ for a pair that is a really good deal it's an easy project and is only 4 bolts possibly more depending on the seat assembly

hope this helped you out any other questions i'd be glad to answer