Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jetta error codess

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2013, 10:26 AM
Default Jetta error codess

i realise this is a little off topic but since i have given up trying to figure out how to make my own thread i am here. I have a 2000 jetta 2.0 and i have replaced fuel pump, fuel filter, ignition coil pack, plugs, wires, mass air sensor, and vaccum lines. But my problem still remains. When the engine is cool it will start and it runs strong. But once it warms up it will die and will not start back up until it cools back down. When the engine is warm it has no spark. I was kinda thinking it could be the crank sensor but have been seeing some people say the temp sensor for a similar issue which would kinda make sense considering its only when the engine is warm that it will not start. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. showing codes p0322 p0172 p0300 p0301 p0304

Old 07-22-2013, 07:29 PM
Super Moderator

I don't know why you find it difficult to make a new post, just go to the JETTA/BORA section and click on the black New Thread button top left?

VAG Error Code: 16706
EOBD II Error Code: P0322

Fault Location:
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor/Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor (G28) - No Signal

Possible Cause:
Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL)(K83) active.
Engine shuts off.
Engine doesn't start.
Speedometer inoperative.
Glow Plug Indicator Lamp (K29) flashes.

Wiring.
Engine Speed Sensor (G28) loose.
Crankshaft Position (CKP) Sensor/Engine Speed (RPM) Sensor (G28) faulty.

Possible Solutions:
Check Engine Speed Sensor (G28).

Special Notes:
The Engine Speed Sensor (G28) is also used as a reference sensor for the crankshaft position.

When is the code detected?:
The P0322 code is triggered when the Engine Control Module (ECM) detects no signal.

Description:
Ignition failure sensor is used to check whether the spark ignition is occurred correctly or not and also used to tachometer drive. The sensor monitors the voltage difference between a resistance which is on the battery circuit for ignition coil. When the ignition coil works properly, the electric current through the resistance is detected as voltage drop. This is confirmed for every ignition event with the crankshaft sensor and the camshaft sensor. If Engine Control Module (ECM) detects a malfunction, no ignition is possible, so the engine would not start. If there is no ignition signal for a predetermined cycle for one or two ignition coils, an ignition coil circuit failure exists.

VAG Error Code: 16556
EOBD II Error Code: P0172

Fault Location:
Fuel Trim (FT), System too Rich, Bank 1

Possible Cause:
Excessive Fuel Consumption.
Irregular behaviour

Fuel system.
Excessive fuel pressure.
Leaking or contaminated fuel injectors.
Leaking fuel pressure regulator.
Low fuel pressure or running out of fuel.
Vapor recovery system.
Air leaks after the Mass air flow (MAF) sensor.
Faulty Mass Air Flow (MAF) Sensor (G70).
Vacuum leaks.
Improper seated engine oil dipstick.
Stuck Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) valve.
Oil overfill.
Cam timing.
Cylinder compression.
Evaporation emission (EVAP) canister purge valve (N80).
Fuel pressure.
Injector(s).
Exhaust leaks before or near Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) (G39).

Fuel injection system does not operate properly.
The amount of mixture ratio compensation is too large. (The mixture ratio is too rich.)

Description:
With the Air/Fuel Mixture Ratio Self-Learning Control, the actual mixture ratio can be brought closely to the theoretical mixture ratio based on the mixture ratio feedback signal from the heated oxygen sensors 1. The Engine Control Module (ECM) calculates the necessary compensation to correct the offset between the actual and the theoretical ratios.

In case the amount of the compensation value is extremely large (The actual mixture ratio is too lean.), the Engine Control Module (ECM) judges the condition as the fuel injection system malfunction and light up the Malfunction Indicator Light (MIL) (2 trip detection logic).

VAG Error Code: 16684
EOBD II Error Code: P0300

Fault Location:
Random/Multiple Cylinder(s) - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Air Intake System leaking.
Fuel Supply faulty.
Injector(s) faulty.
Ignition Cable(s) and/or Spark Plug(s) faulty.
Ignition coil(s).
Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18) stuck/open.
Camshaft Position Sensor (G40) faulty.
Low compression.
Wiring.

Possible Solutions:
Check Misfire Recognition.
Check Air Intake System.
Check Fuel Supply.
Check Injector(s) and Injector Sealing.
Check Ignition Cable(s) and Spark Plug(s).
Check Ignition Coil(s).
Check Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR) Valve (N18).
Check Camshaft Position Sensor (G40).
Check cylinder compressions.

Special Notes:
This Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTC) indicates that one or multiple cylinders are misfiring, but the ECU fails to identify the cylinder.

Tech Notes:
The P0300 code means that a cylinder(s) is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks, intake gaskets are common caused of multi-cylinder misfiring. If no leak are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

The control module monitors the crankshaft speed and has detected a misfire condition.

Description:
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

VAG Error Code: 16685
EOBD II Error Code: P0301

Fault Location:
Cylinder 1 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring.
Ignition system.
Fuel injectors.
Fuel pressure.
Running out of fuel.
EVAP canister purge valve.
Evaporative emission system.
Low compression.
Base engine problems.
Engine Control Module (ECM).

Special Notes:
This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
The P0301 code means that the cylinder 1 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 1. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Engine Cylinder 1 is misfiring.

Description:
When a misfire occurs, engine speed will fluctuate. If the engine speed fluctuates enough to cause the Crankshaft Position (CKP) sensor signal to vary, the Engine Control Module (ECM) can determine that a misfire is occurring.

VAG Error Code: 16688
EOBD II Error Code: P0304

Fault Location:
Cylinder 4 - Misfire Detected

Possible Cause:
Lack/loss of power.
Hard start.
Engine hesitation.

Wiring.
Ignition system.
Fuel injectors.
Fuel pressure.
Running out of fuel.
EVAP canister purge valve.
Evaporative emission system.
Low compression.
Base engine problems.
Engine Control Module (ECM).

Special Notes:
This feature search for engine misfire in a specific cylinder. Most of the time the cause for a misfire is a lack of combustion in a cylinder due to absence of spark, poor fuel metering, or poor compression.

Tech Notes:
The P0304 code means that the cylinder 4 is misfiring or is randomly misfiring. Start by checking for intake leaks an if no leaks are found the next step is to replace the spark plugs on cylinder 4. If the problem persist more tests needs to be done to diagnose problem.

Engine Cylinder 4 is misfiring.

Description:

As taken from my https://volkswagenforum.com/forum/ge...oftware-34973/

Old 07-22-2013, 09:53 PM

My bad i did finally figure out how to make my own thread. I appreciate the info and it does kinda confirm what i thought the problem was. I was thinking either the crank sensor or the temp sensor. Thank you for you quick reply. Hopefully after i change the crank sensor my gremlin leaves for good.