Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

jetta elec. issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 12:31 PM
Default jetta elec. issues

ok I admit defeat I have a 03 jetta gl 2.0L that I thought had elec. issues only when high humidity or moisture was in the air. The car would just crank over not start or fire at all in those conditions, but as soon as the weather would change (drier conditions) would start like nothing was ever wrong. I started leaving the car unlocked and she would fire up even in a downpour. Rather than check things out when the car was running well I just started leaving the car unlocked. Needless to say that wasn't the correct thing to do, now she will just crank over but not fire at all. There are other elec. issues that started happening just before this, lost low beams, speedometer error at turnpike speeds, radio function, remote works only from 3ft away(replaced with new batt.),trunk release on remote not working, cruise can't be set because of speedo readings. I replaced the batt and alt checked all the fuses tried to locate,clean and reinstall all grounds, cleaned all the body drains looking for water leaking in somewhere, get no codes with reader. I'm stumped. Thanks, Brad

Old 08-20-2015, 01:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Just curious if you were ever able to get this resolved. Sounds like a pretty tricky one. If you have not got it figured out you might want to check one of these manuals and see if you cant trace the wiring that might connect these problems.

https://www.carpartsdiscount.com/cat...html?3594=2065