2002 jetta TDI wagon issues

Old 12-12-2007, 09:49 PM
Default 2002 jetta TDI wagon issues

I am new to the whole VW TDI scene. I do not know much about the history of my car but i did just get the oil changed and they said everything looked fine. I have a few issues that are now popping up. My car has/had decent power accelerating but when i would get to about 60 mph and let off the gas and start to cruise my car would begin to stutter as if it wasn't getting enough fuel. I read somewhere that it might be the fuel sensor, the sensor that regulates the fuel to the injectors or something? Also could the MAS need to be replaced? Ok, now on to my second problem. I think i have some electrical problem going on. My car beeps sometimes i lock it and other times it doesn't. When I turn my blinkers on after they go off, there is a series of random clicks that go really fast. And my car alarm went off twice last night very randomly at my house. And i have a third problem I think, it could be connected to the second but i am not sure. When I start my car, I get a temp light that comes on. I looked it up and it said it is for low coolant. I checked my coolant and it is not anywhere near the low mark. Also my car smoke a lot, i know this is normal for TDI's but is there a way to reduce it? I know this is a lot to take it but any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Nathan

Old 12-21-2007, 09:27 AM
Default RE: 2002 jetta TDI wagon issues

I'm only guessing, but sounds like most are related to the cars computer sending an incorrect #, sensor you mentioned, clogged fuel filter, electrical draw, alternator if the diesel has one, etc., and your car alarm could be calibrated for too much sensitivity. I'm thinking about the new 2008 tdi with the bluetech system, but vw has pushedavailability back to late this summer. Evidentlythere isa problem after the vehicle reaches200,000 miles.I was hoping someone could tell me what that problemis. None of the sales peopleat local dealers seem to know much. How do you like the way the 2002 model performs other than the problems you are are currently experiencing? I almost ordered the tdi sedan in 2006, but opted foran 03Audi A4 which I semi regret. Good luck solving your issues if you haven't already.

Old 12-25-2007, 05:30 PM
Default RE: 2002 jetta TDI wagon issues

To address the problem with alarm and flashing lights, I think the Driverside door lock assembly is defective, this part is known to have problems and would be the main itemthat controls alarm etc., I have several VWs and this one has been a problemin two of them