Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to change interior lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2009, 11:00 PM
Default How to change interior lights

Hi everyone, I just purchased a 06 Jetta 2.5 sedan! Overall, happy with my purchase. What I am trying to do is change the interior light from the yellow to white LEDs. Above the vanity mirror, I notice the rectangular plastic cover slides. On the driver side, it slides to the left but no matter what I do, it doesnt come out. I tried sliding it, popping it forward, sideways, backwards, etc.

There is a clip on the left side of the plastic rectangular cover. I thought that is where you can get a flat head screwdriver, slide it to the left, and pull out. But it broke the plastic piece right out.

Anyone have done these can give some insight? I don't want to force it anymore and wondering if I am doing something wrong.

Old 04-03-2009, 11:34 PM

OK, I probably don't know what I am doing. I unscrewed the two screws to access the license plate lights. But even after I take out the screws, the plastic housing does not come out. Am I suppose to go from the other side of the trunk? Can anyone help with changing the two license plate bulbs?

On the interior back cabin, the plastic easily comes off to change the two rear interior cabin lights. I was able to easily change them.

Now for the interior front map lights, no idea how to pull out the plastic. A flat head screwdriver does not even easily fit. Can anyone help here?