Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help needed in Houston area

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2013, 09:13 AM
Default Help needed in Houston area

I am new here, and fairly new to VW in general, I purchased a 2003 Jetta 2.8l a little over a year ago and have had a nightmare since. Most of the time I feel it is time to drive it into a river and use insurance money to buy something different. Besides the Power distribution block melting a couple of times I am now having issues with codes being thrown for the Knock Sensors and the Cam Position sensors, which came after replacing the Oil Pressure switch a couple of weeks ago. I have limited knowledge on these engines but am capable of repairing myself I am really just looking for help on the direction I need to go with this. I was hoping that maybe someone here lives in the are that might have a Vag-Com that would be willing to come out and help me narrow down the exact root of my issues so that I will know what I need to fix/repair/replace/rebuild to finally get the car back on the road (driving a jeep 32 miles each way to work at 12 MPG is a killer)

Please let me know if you are available, I really am not ready to pull the motor to just perform a complete rebuild if all I need is to replace a sensor or just have the ECU reset.

Thank you for reading and I look forward to heading back from you.