Volkswagen Jetta/Bora
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! coolant leaking around front of the motor!

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2008, 11:27 PM
Default Help! coolant leaking around front of the motor!

hi im new to this forum and mainly joined for help ( like most of the noobs) but i really want to know if someone can help me!
when i turn on my 2001 vr6 Jetta Automatic, i can drive it around good idles good BUT, when attempting to warm up, the car leaks alot from in front of the motor and the water temperature guage doesnt seem to move at all, meanwhile theres coolant on the floor! one of my freinds said that it might be coolant sensor is loose so its not reading the temperature right AND that the coolant is leaking out from there. is there any website that i can go to that would give me the diagram for the coolant lines, because as everyone knows, there's alot of them! can someone please help me! ALSO!!... when i took a look at the oil filler cap, there was a white greasy like substance around the inside edge of the cap. what does that mean?[:'(]

Old 12-30-2008, 09:50 PM
Default RE: Help! coolant leaking around front of the motor!

condensation on oil cap is normal
colant in the car is a heatercore problem if that is what you meen by on the floor
thermostate housings go bad all the time if its leaking at the center of the front of the car that is probably your leak
kindof a bugger to do
if its leaking on the pasenger side of the front it is probably the waterpump

Old 12-31-2008, 12:35 PM

Not sure about what you mean leaking on the floor... if its inside its the heatercore.... if its outside, mine did the same thing, its the temp sensor and the O-ring...... i have the vr6 and just did mine... if you need some help My AIM is minitruckin330 (aol) and my email is minitruckin330@aol.com ... i have pics of the tare down and install

Old 01-02-2009, 12:23 PM

i have a 2001 1.8t and i just replaced the water pump and now i need to buy a new radiator but i would take a look at the water pump??